Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Seek and Squat: Sephora Boxing Day Sale Haul!

I just got back from the Sephora Boxing Day sale and had a little nap, but I had to share my haul.  For the traditional Canadian Boxing Day, Sephora had one day only in store specials for $12 each.  I had tried previously during the Black Friday Sale to pick up Philosophy Purity Cleanser and other makeup goodies online, but their website just didn't get it together for us Canadian buyers. It is one of my favourite cleansers and given the sale price of $12 for 12 ounces, I really couldn't pass it up.

Amazingly, at an 8am opening, there was a pretty long line at the store. I elbowed and squatted my way through, then grabbed 2 each of NARS Super Orgasm mini blush, Urban Decay Wallpaper Eye Shadow palette, Caudalie Beauty Essentials From the Vine skin care set, Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner in 0L - black, Philosophy Purity Cleanser and one of the Buxom Sequin Lashliner set.  Yes, I squatted. The tops of the display stands emptied quickly, but just below was extra stock.  As soon as I did that, other ladies did the same, leaving the stand empty very very quickly. I was the third person of the day to check out of the store.  Mission accomplished, I got my cleanser and much more!

For size and colour comparison, I took a picture of the mini NARS Super Orgasm blush beside the regular size NARS Orgasm. It is quite a bit smaller, but given the gold glitter, I doubt I will ever hit pan on it.

I am pretty excited over the Caudalie skincare set.  I've received quite a few samples of their products through Glymm.  Their Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is supposed to help reduce dark circles.  Perhaps some extra sleep and this will do the trick!

The Buxom Sequin Lashliner was a tad dry when I opened it.  I think I will have to rehydrate it before I can really use it, the product had already pulled away from the edges of the glass container. I do like the brush holder for the liner brush.

The Urban Decay Shadow Box has many of their popular eye shadows.  It has Grind, Shotgun, Last Call, Uzi, Asphyxia, Shattered, Smog, Chopper and Midnight Cowboy.

The Philosophy Purity Cleanser was what I actually had lined up for.  Each bottle had 12 ounces, which would have been $52 for the 24 ounce bottle.  Great value!

Who needs more black eye liner??? I really don't but they had the Makeup For Ever Aqua Eyes Liner in 0L - black available.  I kinda had to!  It works well and when it is $8 off regular price, it was great to stock up :)

Each product or set I got today was $12 each.  Amazing amazing value!  I am glad to have gotten up early and got my stuff before the mall got too crowded.  I was in bed by 9 am with a bag full of wonderful goodies. :)  After all of that (and me being good most of the year), I finally got my VIB status. Wahoo, more discounts and a personal consultation!

Well I hope every one has had a merry Christmas and isn't too stuffed to do some shopping!













3 comments:

  1. Cute haul!
    Trying to get 100 subs by 2013... Follow me? Chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jen <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad that I missed the UD palette! I've yet to try UD and was really hoping I could nab this as its a great way to try the brand out. Enjoy your lovely eyeshadows!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog :)
    Much love,
    Wengie
    http://www.wengie.com

    ReplyDelete