Thursday, March 22, 2012

February 2012 Topbox Beauty Product Sampler Box

Beauty sample boxes are one wonderful surprise after another for me. I was pretty happy with my previous January 2012 Topbox. For February, they included samples of LillyPilly Kakadu Plum Hand and Body Creme, Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat and full size products of Pari Beauty Eye Shadow and C. Booth Derma Skincare Collagen Elastin Restorative Hand & Nail Treatment.

I love trying new lotions and LillyPilly is definitely one that I will be keeping my eye out for.  Not only is it full of natural ingredients, it has a slight fruity scent that is not overwhelming.  Sweet, well moisturizing and not greasy.  All good qualities in a body lotion or cream for me :).

I am always up for more hand cream, but I think Topbox is kind of overdoing it on the hand creams.  They included two hand creams last month and now with a third from them, I think I need a bit of a break on the hand cream samples for now.  However, the C. Booth Derma Skincare Collagen Elastin Restorative Hand and Nail Treatment is not one that I am going to turn down.  It is  has a fresh and clean feeling compared to many other hand creams.  Fast absorbing yet creamy, it is well hydrating without being greasy or sticky.

My absolute favorite item of the bunch is the Pari Beauty Eye Shadow.  I don't know what in ES72.  It's a pretty gorgeous bright turqoise blue with a pearl finish.  It is super smooth and wears pretty well without fading.  I used Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion with it and had no issues.  I am definitely going to check out Pari Beauty for some more colors. 

My package also included some Yves Saint Laurent samples that I must say I was not loving.  YSL Touche Eclat in No. 2 was far too light for my skintone.  It emphasized by undereye circles rather than make them disappear.  Perhaps I'll try getting a darker sample, but I doubt I'll pick this up in full size at $50 a piece. 

Lastly, I received the YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils.  This was a sad disappointment for me as well.  I tried this on 4 occasions only to have mascara residue all under my eyes.  I had layered plenty of powder on my under eyes, so this hands down not something I would be picking up. 

I guess three out of five isn't too bad.  My next Topbox is here.  I will be sure to post pictures soon :)






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment