Thursday, March 22, 2012

Big Big Long and Lean Lashes: MAC False Lashes Mascara Review

One crazy day I some how managed to not put mascara on before leaving home for work.  Yup, I had forgotten.  Of all the days, it was on a date night with my man later that night.  I felt like such a fool.  With no time to go home after work, the best solution was to pick up mascara at the nearest MAC counter. 

I got MAC False Lashes Mascara in False Black along with a MAC eye lash curler.  The mascara brush head is one big giant brush that runs pretty close in length and width to my absolute favorite for big bad lashes MAC Opulash Mascara.  The wand is quite long for easier control.  The opposite end of the wand is pretty cute with its fancy tip.  The high gloss black packaging adds some luxe for one of MAC's more expensive mascara's at $22.50 CAD. 

Besides size, the MAC False Lashes Mascara brush head is significantly denser.  Due to how tightly packed the bristles are, each lash is well defined with mascara without clumping.  The formula thickens the lashes and adds length in an intensely black shade.  Most mascara's that add length and thicken are typically so heavy that they don't hold the curl for much longer than a few minues.  I found that this one was light, allowing my lashes to remain curled oh so nicely. 

Over time, I don't find any flaking or mascara residue on my under eye area.  Just curled black lashes lasting thru the day.  It removes readily with MAC Cleansing Oil, but not so well with MAC Wipes.  Oh well, a good mascara needs the tough stuff to come off!

Well, I'm in love with this one!  I've planted it squarely in my makeup compartment of my purse.  No more running to the MAC counter due to forgetting mascara for me ;) 
















       
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment