Monday, March 19, 2012

Beauty Sample Box Fun: February 2012 Flare Magazine Luxebox

I think I've gone on overstimulation mode from beauty sample boxes and too little time in my life to blog! Beauty sample boxes are becoming wildly available nowadays, even to those in Canada. Loose Button produces the Luxebox which recently collaborated with one of my fave Canadian magazines Flare. For February 2012 I received sample sizes of Lise Watier 24 Hour Glam Mascara in Noir, Redken Color Extend Shampoo & Conditioner, CK Shock for Her Eau de Toilette, Mereadesso Face and Neck Toning Gel, and Mereadesso Beautiful Body Balm. Promotions abounded in this Luxebox. Of course being promoted by Flare, a subscription offer was included.  As well an offer from Dealuxe and Mereadesso.  So many products and services to sample, with only so little time and money!

Besides cosmetics, I spend a huge quantity of money on my hair. My rotation of hair shampoos, conditioners and styling products includes a lot of Redken products.  Including Redken Color Extend Shampoo and Conditioner.  Love them both for my blonde highlights!  That with some purple shampoo and conditioner keeps me from looking too brassy.

Lise Watier 24 Hour Glam Mascara was a nice surprise.  I wouldn't be running to get this one, but if I couldn't get MAC Studiofix Mascara, I would consider this as an option. The brush head is quite similar to MAC Studiofix Mascara, helping to define lashes evenly.  The formula is good, although I'd make sure to wear powder below the eyes to ensure no smudging.  Unfortunately, it did smudge on me, although Lise Watier's site says that is smudgeproof.  Perhaps it was my undereye cream, but it would be something to consider.

A new brand to consider (at least for me) is Mereadesso.  The Mereadesso Face & Neck Toning Gel is a unique product claiming to do everything that your usual skin care regime might do.  It claims to be a moisturizer, toner, serum, primer, day cream, night cream and eye cream, all in one.   Unfortunately, it does not have an SPF, so it isn't quite all in one.  It has a light citrus smell and absorbs into skin easily.  My skin did feel nice after using it, however I still felt like I needed more moisturizer in addition to the gel. As nice as the product is, I probably wouldn't pick it up once I am done my current regime.  At $120 CAD for 1.7 fl oz ( 50 mL) that can last up to four months, I think this kind of eats too much of my budget.

I also received Mereadesso Body Balm. I didn't use this too much as I felt it smelled a bit too medicinal for my liking.  A body butter or cream in a fruits, floral, or vanilla scented are more attractive for me in a body moisturizer. 

Lastly, I got CK One Shock for Her.  It was a pretty huge sample of 10 mL, where most are about 1-3mL.  This is a floral with a hint of vanilla and musk.  I would definitely use this on a fun date night of dancing.

Whew, what a great box of samples!  At $10 CAD a month, plus tax, I can't wait for my next Luxebox :)








Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment