Sunday, February 12, 2012

MAC Naturally Mineralize Eye Shadow & Blushes Review & Swatches

The MAC Naturally Collection includes a beautiful set of satiny Mineralize Eye Shadows and Blushes.  I picked up all five Mineralize Eye Shadows and two of the three Mineralize Blushes. I got Summer Haze, Twilight Falls, Cloudy Afternoon, In The Sun, and Daylight Mineralize Eye Shadows.  As well I got Early Morning and Subtle Breeze Mineralize Blushes.

The Mineralize Eye Shadows of the Naturallly Collection were surprising.  I think I've gotten used to the super shimmers and brighter more dynamic colors of past collections (eg Semi-Precious, Style Black and Glitter & Ice).  Overall though, they are softer and smoother than past collections.  They have a satiny texture with low level shimmer was what I thought of most of them.  However, In The Sun, a melange of peach, fuchsia, and plum, wasn't as satiny compared to the other four eye shadows.  It had a grittier texture due to peachy orange micro glitter.  Summer Haze was much the opposite of In The Sun.  Summer Haze is a melange of cool beige with copper veins.  Twilight Falls is my favorite of the bunch. It is a melange of pink, plum and grey with pearl microglitter.  It reminds me of Rare Find from the MAC Semi-Precious Collection 2011 although Twilight Falls is more subdued.  Daylight is a melange of pink, lavender and pinky grey with pearl microglitter.  Cloudy Afternoon is my second favorite with shades of grey, gold, ivory and pink champagne with gold microglitter.  The microglitter in these is not overwhelming.  It's not like you'll see chunks of glitter everywhere, although these do have a tendency for fallout. 

The blushes were a dream of soft pigmented powder with no shimmer.  Early Morning is a deep warm peachy pink. Subtle Breeze is a soft blue pink.  Both require a light hand to avoid clown cheeks.  Very lightly with a duo fibre brush is probably the best way to apply these.  I like that these have no shimmer, unlike many past Mineralize Blushes that tend to be shimmery and glittery.

As much as I liked this collection, I can't say I love it as much as the MAC Semi-Precious Mineralize Collecion.  I think this collection was a little more wearable for medium and darker skinned gals compared to the MAC Glitter & Ice Mineralize Collection.  Oh well, c'est la vie, not every collection is going to be showstopping.  Until the next Mineralize Collection, these will have to do.












Posted by Picasa

1 comment: