Sunday, February 26, 2012

January 2012 Topbox Beauty Sample Goodie Box!

















My first ever Topbox arrived!  January 2012 Topbox came and I kind of left it on the back burner.  I've been up to many important things, such as gluing rhinestones over a pair of pumps, gluing rhinestones all over a pair of ballerina flat's for my God-daughter for her birthday, watching over my three little God-daughter's and doing various errands for the girls mommy. :)  However, I digress!

Topbox is quite similar to Luxebox and Glymm, where beauty samples are scent on a monthly basis for $10 CAD per month. Much like the others, they are partially customized to your beauty tastes. 

My January 2012 Topbox included samples of Principessa Beauty Notte Breeze Dry Shampoo, Shu Uemura Full Shimmer Illuminating Shampoo, Cake Beauty Velveteen Hand Creme (full size!!) and LillyPilly Tea Tree Hand and Body Creme.

First off, I absolutely adore the Cake Beauty Velveteen Hand Creme.  It smells like a delicious piece of vanilla birthday cake with a bit of candied fruit.   Fast absorbing and light, along with being infused with shea butter and mango, it is a winner in my books. 

The tube included a second hand creme from LillyPilly. The LillyPilly Tea Tree Hand and Body Creme is a refreshing lotion that is creamy and non-greasy.  My hands feel much softer, although I am not so loving the Tea Tree oil scent.

I was most surprised with the Principessa Beauty Notte Breeze Dry Shampoo.  I am usually not a fan of dry shampoo's, but my stylist has encouraged me to use them due to my colored hair.  I usually wash my hair 2-3 times a week.  With the Principessa Beauty Notte Breeze Dry Shampoo I can usually delay by an extra day.  It is brownish in color with a light rose scent. 

Unfortunately, I have not tried the Shu Uemura Full Shimmer Illuminating Shampoo.  It is suggested that it may add life and shine with a musk rose oil scent.  However, my stylist has suggested I stick to Redken products.  So at the moment I've set it aside and may try it at a later date.

Topbox packages up the product in a patterned mailing tube (first photo) that is then wrapped in brown mailing paper. The mailing tube is pretty cute.  I'm thinking of cutting them in half and using them to organize makeup brushes and pencils.  Perhaps after I get a few more ;)

Overall, So far, so good. My second box/tube has arrived. I promise to post on that very very soon.  :)  Until then, enjoy the pictures!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment