Saturday, February 25, 2012

January 2012 Glymm Beauty Sample Box

















I realize this post is rather late, however I always like to think is better late than never!  My January Glymm box came in a few weeks ago.  It included samples of Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloths, Vasanti Cosmetics BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator, Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel, Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion and a full size of Cargo Cosmetics Eye Pencil in black. 

My favorite product of the bunch was the Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion.  Two creamy packets were included, although I would've loved some more!  It is creamy, soft and very hydrating.  At the end of the day, I didn't feel like my skin was dry enough to need more lotion.  It's on my list of lotionsto get once I'm running low on my current lotion stock. 

I also liked Kaia Naturals Juicy Bamboo Facial Cleansing Cloth.  I only received one sheet, but I think I would have liked a second sheet just to give it a try with heavier makeup.  Made with bamboo cloths, they are lightly scented (but not overpowering) that is soft against the skin and help to cleanse dirty and makeup.  It seemed to do a pretty good job, although I did have to rinse off a bit of residual makeup and cleansing product from the cloth.

The full size product I received this month was Cargo Cosmetics Eye Pencil in black.  It is a sooty black that doesn't seem to wear well.  I tried it on my waterline and it disappeared.  I had a bit of a racoon eye problem within a few hours. Perhaps in a smoky eye look, it may work, but this won't be one I will be reaching for on a day to day basis.

On the other hand I do quite like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel.  One sweep with this gel and unruly eye brow hairs are set :)  However, I think the opening of the product could be smaller to allow for less gel to come through.  I found a bit too much product ended up on my eye brows and I had to take a brow brush through it. 

The Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator is an interesting combination product.  While it cleanses, it exfoliates and apparently brightening product.  I was a tad confused at first, how it brightens.  I guess I won't be able to tell that unless I get a full size product one day.  The sample is a good size at 12 grams where only a pea size amount is used at a time approximately 3-5 times a week.  It is pretty abrasive compared to other exfoliaters I've used in the past.  Be careful to use this gently, otherwise a very red face will be yours (yes, I speak from experience....oops!).

My January 2012 Glymm box was a fair mix of products.  I only think I will repurchase the Burt's Bees Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion.  Until the next sample box, here are the pictures of what I got! :)







Posted by Picasa

1 comment: