Thursday, December 8, 2011

November Luxebox Goodie Box

















I got my November Luxebox of goodness a little while ago. (Nearly two weeks actually.)  I've been soooo busy lately, since one of my dearest cousins had twin girls just over two weeks ago.  Hence, this post now ;)

The Luxebox is available from Loose Button.  It is a subscription service that you can purchase a set of samples 1 month at a time, 3 months at a time or a full year. I purchased the yearly since I thought it would be pretty fun to get new samples every month.  Each month includes 4-5 deluxe samples.

This months samples included: Paco Rabanne Black XS For Her and Black XS, Lise Watier Plumpissimo Le Gloss Nude, Lise Watier Couleur Folle Mineral Loose Eye Shadow in Folie Soleil,  Benefit B. Right! Moisture Prep Toning Lotion, and the bonus Teaopia Cactus Fig Tea.

The Lise Watier Folie Soleil Loose Eye Shadow appears to be a full size product, but it is actually 1 gram, not 2 grams as in the full size. It is very well pigmented but does need a sticky base to adhere to the skin.  Folie Soleil is a bright yellow gold.  It runs on the warm side of the spectrum.  I probably wouldn't use this on its own, as it kind of flattens out the depth of my eyelid.  It is definitely a color that works well with a lot of other shades since it gold is fairly neutral.

The Lise Watier Plumpissimo Le Gloss in Nude is a sparkly sheer golden pink.  I don't find it to have much plumping action.  I've only used it a few times, but with the claims that it will penetrate the lines and expand on contact with the skin.  I didn't find that was the case, it swelled my lips a wee bit. However it more so showed my lip lines.  Perhaps it is the color that makes it so, but I'll have to see with some other shades.  Below I've also included a full face swatch of both the lip gloss and eye shadow.  I'm using NARS Orgasm Blush so I don't look too washed out.

The Paco Rabanne Black XS For Her and Black XS samples were relatively large key chains that my honey and I are enjoying.  XS For Her is a floral scent with a bit of a spicy vanilla mix.  I really this one and am putting on my Christmas Wish List.  The mens version is a mix of woody and floral. 

I have yet to try the Benefit B. Right! Moisture Prep Toning Lotion.  I tend to find skin care products hard to judge without a longer testing period.  So perhaps in the near future when I get the full size version I'll be able to do a proper review on it.

The Teaopia Cactus Fig tea smells just amazing. A green tea with bits of fig and orange flower, it is so beautiful to drink. Morning perk without too much caffeine?  Yes, this one is definitely one to try out. All enclosed in a nice little orange tin that I think I will use for taking loose teas on the go. 

Overall, I do like this set of samples much more than October's Luxebox.   The only product I'm a bit iffy on is the Lise Watier Plumpissimo Nude Lip Gloss.  Now, time to wait for the December Luxebox :)














Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment