Monday, November 14, 2011

MAC Styledriven Show Me! Pro Longwear Lipglass Review & Swatches

















One of MAC's new permanent products in the Styledriven Collection for Fall Winter 2011 is the Pro Longwear Lipglass with nine shades varying from neutrals, pinks, red, purple, to bright pink. I picked out a safe neutral in Show Me!

Show Me! is described as a mid-tone neutral plum.  I don't find it plummy, but more a pinky brown.  It is a creamy finish with no noticeable sparkles, glitter or pearl.   While not a color that screams look at me, it is one that I knew would go with warm and cool looks when paired with darker eye looks or deeper cheeks for fall.

The formula of the Pro Longwear Lipglass is very very sticky, moderately thick, full coverage and has a wet lipstick appearance.   It is quite unlike Cremesheen Glass that is thinner, has a sheer coverage, a light feel and is nowhere near as sticky. The big bonus for the Pro Longwear Lipglass is that it lasts far longer than just sipping some drinks.  I can easily wear this through a not so oily salad without having the majority of lip product coming off (the usual occurrence with Cremesheen Glass and many other lip products). It's sticky tendency does tend to glom on to bread crumbs and other dry and flaky foods, such as sandwiches, pies and streudels.

One of my concerns is always lipline bleed without a lip liner.  Show Me! does not seem to require a lipliner, but I think I'll have to try another one of the darker Pro Longwear Lipglasses just to make sure. 

While it lasts through several hours of wear, including eating most foods, its sticky texture is a tad of a nuisance.  We've had some very windy weather lately, so my hair tends to stick to it.  So I'd suggest applying this just before getting to your destination. I still quite like it and will probably get a few more in the coming months.  Thankfully these are permanent, so no rush on grabbing more right away :)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment