Monday, September 26, 2011

MAC Bloggers Obsession Eye Shadow Review & Swatches













Finally got my MAC Bloggers Obsession swatches done! Yes, I know it's been awhile and most of it is already sold out.  There were still a few items available though. I missed out on their first release, but was thankfully able to get these about a month ago.  I got Hocus Pocus, Sparkle Neely, Sparkle, and Jealousy Wakes.

Hocus Pocus is described by MAC as a dark sooty grey with silver pearl in a satin finish.  It reminded me of Fiction, with its dark shade and low level shimmer, however Fiction is a super dark shade of green with gold pearl.  It's my favorite of the collection since my go to look is a smokey eye, either as a crease shade, outer v-shade or outside of the crease shade. This one applies smoothly without much fuss.  It is well pigmented and build-able over an eye shadow base. 

Sparkle Neely, Sparkle is described by MAC as deep rusty brown with champagne glitter in a satin finish.  It kind of reminds me of Saffron without the champagne glitter.  I'm not sure where I'd use this shade at the moment.  It doesn't quite go with my hair color at the moment since it is fairly warm.  Perhaps I just need to find some other shades to go with it and make it less warm. This one is smooth, pigmented and easy to blend. 

Jealousy Wakes is described by MAC as emerald green with teal and gold pearl in a veluxe pearl finish. This is a vivid shade that I like all over the lid or as an outer crease shade.  It's eye catching and will draw lots of attention.  It goes on smooth and rich.  I couldn't ask for anything more out of this shadow!  Jealousy Wakes reminds me of MAC Teal pigment, but not closely enough for me to not get it.

The MAC Bloggers Obsession Collection was unfortunately available online only.  I wish they had it available at MAC stores for us to have a peak at it.  I quite like the eye shadows I did get.  While they remind me of shades that are part of my stash, they're different enough not to be dupes. 

 




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment