Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lots of Fun Stuff! MAC Cosmetics Surf Baby Haul

















So I went a wee bit crazy for the MAC Cosmetics Surf Baby Collection.  I was able to make my way to the MAC Robson Store Preview Event where I was able to have a look and purchase the new collection.  The event was filled with some cocktails and appetizers, including grilled pineapple, pecan slider burgers, sauteed garlic prawns and mango and chocolate martini's.  Delicious food to go along with a rocking collection.

Stations were set up all around the store with many artists on hand to answer questions and grab items for customers.  I got their early so I was able to swatch early.  I was able to have the joys of a brand new tester.   I had to swatch everything, but my haul is moderately selective. ;) I picked up Summer Stash Crushed Metal Pigments, Billionaire Bronze Skinsheen Bronzer Stick, Lush-Light Bronze Studio Careblend Powder, My Paradise Surf Baby Cheek Powder, Short Shorts Eyeshadow, Saffron Eyeshadow, Surf USA Eyeshadow, Swell Baby Eyeshadow and Sun Blonde Eyeshadow.

At the event we were able to get tank tops or have our own t-shirts or tank tops stenciled on with hibiscus flowers or octopus stencils. I chose to buy a t-shirt at a shop near by rather than go with the plain white tank tops they had on hand.  The artist stenciled an octopus in aqua and yellow.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get all of the white bits of paper off of my shirt so far, but am sure those will come off with a bit of washing.

Many reviews and swatches to follow, along with a few FOTDs. :)

PS.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to get these pictures up sooner.  There's been a lot going on lately in my personal life that I will get into when I am ready.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment