Monday, June 13, 2011

Booker: My Loving Pal


This is my dedication to my loving pal, Booker. Unfortunately, I had to put him down on June 1, 2011. He had been sick with ear cancer for over two years. The cancer had taken its toll and eventually caused him to be too ill to walk.  I miss him greatly.

Booker was an ever loving mutt.  We were told when he adopted him at two years age that he was a pure golden retriever, but something about him said he wasn't.  His behavior and temperament were definitely golden retriever, well behaved, caring, yet playful.

Two years ago just before Easter the vet told us that his reoccurring ear infection for the previous seven months was cancer.  His prognosis was 4 months to a year if he survived surgery. Opting for surgery, we hoped for the best. However, the vet called my mother and I during surgery that perhaps we should put him down right then and there.  We were not ready, we also knew he wasn't.

He fought well and hard.  For two years he kept on, going for up to four walks a day and eating everything to his hearts content.   His cheerful and loving smile, wet kisses and nudges to wake me up, and his ever loving spirit is what I miss everyday.





Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine losing any of my three dogs.
    Booker looked like a very sweet dog. I hope you can smile soon and like the movie says, "all dogs go to heaven" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley. Yes, he is in heaven with many family members who have loved him so much.

    ReplyDelete