Sunday, May 22, 2011

Super Longlasting Lip Color: Maybelline Superstay 24 Color 20 Continuous Coral Review & Swatches


In search of just a bit of color, I came across the Maybelline section of the drugstore that had a huge variety of cosmetics on sale. The bargain hunter in me thought, well time for a new lipstick, or maybe lipgloss?  I came across Maybelline Superstay 24 Color Lip Color, a hybrid longwear lipstick in a gloss packaging.  


I picked up 20 Continuous Coral.  It is a delicious shade of bright shimmery golden pink-coral.  It's that kind of shade that draws attention and can balance out  a dramatic eye.  It seems to run neutral, I've been able to pair it with both cool and warm looks without much of an issue.


The packaging consists of a double ended stick.  On one end is the lip color with a doe foot applicator while the other is a clear gloss.  The doe foot applicator is a bit on the big side, I wish it were a little bit smaller.  It is long and wide for my liking, bringing out more product than I think most would need.  The clear gloss end is a typical balm that adds some moisture and enhances the color with a bit of shine.  


Now the big question is wear time and how well does the product performs.  The product is described by Maybelline as,"24-hour lipcolor that stretches the limits of longwear."  It has, "Micro-Flex formula glides on and looks gorgeous all day," and, "No crumbling, no caking, no fading, no feathering, no transferring."  I gotta say the description is it pretty darn close to perfect for the first 8-12 hours.  I have used it on many occasions without it budging at all, except for when I've eaten something oily. eg. fries or fried chicken. In that situation, I'll see more color transfer and fading when eating.   


The true test was the 24 hours of wear.  I gotta be honest that after 3 meals, many drinks, some snacks in between, a shower and some face washing, looking at my lips 24 hours later I still had some product on.  No, not perfect, but there was enough there that I had to take some MAC Cleanse-Off Oil to take it off.  Big thumbs up on long wear!  


While I didn't have any feathering or bleeding (even on my bleeding prone lips!), I did see some caking and crumbling along the corners of my lips when I applied too much product.  


If you're interested in a long wearing lip product with a bit of shine all in one, this is definitely one to check out.  Just be well advised that it is not one too move much without some good makeup remover.  ;)  These retail for approximately $10-$12 Cdn each and are available at many drugstores across Canada.  I am totally loving this and am eager to pick up more. :)



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment