Sunday, May 15, 2011

Soft & Lovely: MAC Ladyblush Cremeblend Blush Review & Swatches













MAC released some new formulations of cream blushes earlier this spring in the form of the Cremeblend  Blush.  They are described on the MAC site as, "A blush that manages to make a simple blush state-of-the-art. Creamy, easy to blend medium coverage formula imparts a natural finish that's smooth, dewy-fresh, long-lasting."

I got myself Ladyblush, a warm neutral coral that provides a natural glow without going too bright.  If you're a fan of MAC Melba (permanent), Buff (permanent), Gingerly (permanent) or Secret Blush (limited edition),  this shade would be one to check out. 

The formula of this isn't thick or heavy on cheeks.  The weight of it is much like MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation but slightly thicker. The texture doesn't change the staying power.  It hangs out tight for about 4-6 hours, but lasts close to all day when set with a coordinating blush.   

As for application, I tried applying this with fingers, a MAC 187 duo fibre brush and a MAC 192 cheek brush (similar to  MAC 190 foundation brush, but narrower).   My favorite application was using my fingers as the MAC 187 brush tended to be a bit too light of an application and the MAC 192 brush tended to pick up too much product.  This particular shade never seems to get too dark to become to obvious once lightly blended out.  In other words, this would be amazing for those who tend to use a heavy hand with blush. 


Overall, I totally love this.  I've been using it at least 4 out of 7 days a week since picking it up after Easter.  Now that may be out of habit, but I think its more so that I can wear it with pretty much anything else without it being overpowering. I think the formula is great and this particular shade is definitely worth a look. 








Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. to me it looks almost powdery....the color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete