Thursday, May 5, 2011

Catch Up Time! Some Major MAC Haulage From Days Gone By















For some of the regular blog readers, you may have notice I hadn't done a lot of MAC Cosmetics blogging as of late.  I wasn't hiding it, I was just on a bit of a shopping ban for 40 days.  For those of you who are not Christian, it is common to give up a particular activity for some or all of Lent.  I chose a tough one, being no shopping for 40 days of clothing, shoes, accessories, random take out lunches and (the BIG ONE!) no cosmetics. (& What is the name of my blog???? ;) Haha, well I'm back to a wee bit of shopping, just mini hauls of only a few select items.

As hard as it was, I did make it in one piece and made only a few purchases once Easter arrived. Since I had missed quite a few MAC launches, I only picked up 7 items at the MAC counter.  My wallet was very happy to only let go of a small amount of funds rather than the major new release hauls of past.  :)  I got Budding Beauty Lipgelee, Stovepipe Black Eye Shadow, Bows & Curtsey Eye Shadow, Hot Gossip Lipstick (yea for B2M!), Ladyblush Cremeblend Blush, Prolongwear Concealer NW35 and a foundation pump.

Overall I am pretty proud of myself.  I proved to myself I could do without shopping for random things so much. My worry was that I would have regrets to not be able to pickup goodies from the new collection.  Actually, I had little to no regrets of items being missed out.  I'll be honest, the only item I wish I could go get now would be Playtime lipstick from the Quite Cute collection.

I  promise to do full reviews of most of the products very very soon.  (None for the foundation pump though, it's just a pump that delivers just enough foundation :)  Hope you enjoy the pictures of my happy hauling :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul!I'm looking forward to reading your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 40 days?! I'm seriously impressed, I don't know if I could do it!
    I can't wait to see reviews!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Savannah, Yup 40 days of no shopping. :) It was super hard, but I am thankful for developing a more selective eye on everything from clothing to makeup. It's a challenge that I think everyone should try ;)

    ReplyDelete