Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chanel Ombres Perlees de Chanel Eye Shadow Quint Review & Swatches














Chanel Les Perlees de Chanel not only included beautiful nail lacquer, but this beautiful quint of eye shadows.  The palette includes a pale yellow gold, pale pink gold, burgundy pearl, pewter pearl and charcoal pearl.

Each shade applies in a smooth and creamy manner.  It has a delicate pearly shimmer that doesn't verge into the glitter kingdom.  While shimmer is delicate throughout, the pigmentation ranges from semi-sheer to medium pigmented.  The sheerest was the pale gold and pale pink gold.  I wasn't disappointed in them being sheer though, because it does lend to a usefulness.  Specifically for the pale yellow gold, it can be applied to the brow bone without looking too stark on my medium NC40 skintone.  As well, it is beautiful on the inner third of the eyelid or lower lashline.  The pale pink is great for all over the lid, complimenting the other shades beautifully.  The remaining three shades: burgundy pearl, pewter pearl and charcoal pearl all work lovely as an above crease or crease color.  I'm liking charcoal for a deepening the crease and lining the eyes especially. 

For a little more oomph in the pigmentation department, using a bit of Urban Decay Primer Potion or a complimentary MAC Paint Pot worked just fine.  

This palette does lean a little on the cool side.  I tend to lean more warm, but I've recently dyed my hair brown with blonde highlights. The shadows flatter my skin more so now than when my hair was dark brown. 

This quint is a little more than I would spend normally, but the shades grabbed me at first glance.  The make up artist didn't even have a tester, but I was loving it in the pan. Thankfully I followed my gut on this one.  The range of shades allows me to go from soft and conservative to smokey and dramatic all in one. 





1 comment: