Sunday, February 27, 2011

MAC Wonder Woman Amazon Princess & Mighty Aphrodite Blush Review & Swatches


The MAC Wonder Woman Collection includes the lovely blushes in Amazon Princess and Mighty Aphrodite.  Both are split unequally so that two-thirds is the lighter shade and one-third the darker shade.  These have 12.3 grams of product and retail for $29 CAD.  I was able to get one at the MAC counter at The Bay, but had to get the other at the MAC store. 


Amazon Princess includes a medium cool pink and deep plummy blue pink with gold pearl. 

Mighty Aphrodite includes a peachy pink with gold pearl and a deeper warm peachy pink with gold pearl. 

While at first I wasn't totally impressed by these, but they've slowly grown on me.  When I first swatched them, they seemed a bit chalky.  Perhaps it was due to the well touched testers.  However, on slightly moist skin (and brand new product), they create a flush of many depths. I would suggest to go lightly with a MAC 129 brush for a barely there natural glow, or heavily for rosy cheeks.  I like how I could use one or the other, or do a blend of both. The versatility adds value and makes for one less item to haul around in the makeup bag :)

I adore the pearl finish of Mighty Aphrodite. (Must note that it has a striking resemblance to NARS Orgasm, although not as pigmented and lighter.)  Mighty Aphrodite is a bit more finely milled than Amazon Princess, making for a lovely highlight shade.  Amazon Princess is lovely as well, I anticipate using it this spring for a simple daytime look. 

Lastly, I really like the packaging on these compacts.  The gold trim along the edges when opened is a spectacular touch.  These also include a mirror to my delight.  Who wouldn't want to whip out their Wonder Woman compact to check out their lipglass? Hurry  now to your  nearest MAC counter or store.  Last time I checked, they were selling out quickly.





2 comments:

  1. I ended up getting Mighty Aphrodite, and I really like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oMG... Mac wonder woman just release today online and Mightly Aphrodite is sold out already.... Im so bummed! :( I thinkAmazon princess is too dark pink for me... :( love the swatches!!!

    ReplyDelete