Friday, December 17, 2010

Cold Weather & Dry Skin Saviour: MAC Studio Moisture Cream Review




Of late, the temperatures have been dipping, snow started to fall earlier than the usual. Going from mild to icy weather than back again soon after. While the snow is delightful for me and my golden retriever, it has been making my normal/combination skin feel down right dry. My nighttime walks with my dog have made my skin begging for more moisture as soon as it hit the freezing temperatures. (Quite a bit cooler than last winter!) On my last venture to the MAC counter, I found myself checking out the moisturizers and picked up MAC Studio Moisture Cream.

MAC describes it as: "A super-rich creamy moisturizer boosted with skin-nourishing extracts including passion fruit, spinach leaf, green tea, algae, wheat germ and coconut. Moistens, feeds, firms and protects the skin. Promotes a healthy radiance. Diminishes the appearance of fine lines. Good for day and night."

MAC Studio Moisture Cream is delectably creamy and only a hint greasy. As a night cream, this works wonderfully in combination with MAC Lightful Deep Ultramoisture Creme. The Lightful Deep Ultramoisture Creme digs down deep to moisturize, while the Studio Moisture Cream acts as a barrier to the elements. Same goes in combination with my usual day cream. The usual tightness I've felt during the days prior (with freezing temperatures) have decreased considerably. My skin is loving the moisture!

With makeup, I've found it has held up quite well. It hasn't changed much to wear time, nor affected application in a negative way. I've actually found it makes it easier to apply liquid foundation, but requires very slightly greater usage of setting powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment