The Urban Decay Book of Shadows Volume III NYC includes 16 beautiful eye shadows. Perversion, Uzi, Loaded, Kush, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Last Call, Rockstar, Money, Haight, Maui Wowie, Smog, Bordello, Radium, Snatch, Suspect and Psychedelic Sister. Each is a little different. Frosty, pearl, glittery, and matte finishes, with a variety of brights and a little more than neutrals. Here we go, one by one:
- Perversion: matte black that seems pretty dry, but works well to darken up a crease.
- Uzi: whitened silver with silver glitter
- Loaded: pearly deep blue green; much like MAC Deep Blue Green Pigment, but blacker
- Kush: pearly leaf green with gold pearl and silver glitter
- Midnight Cowboy Rides Again: frosty champagne with silver glitter
- Last Call: frosted plum
- Rockstar: frosted dark grape purple
- Money: frosted pale grayed green with silver glitter
- Haight: frosted teal blue
- Maui Wowie: frosted pale gold with silver glitter
- Smog: frosted golden brown
- Bordello: frosted silvery pink-purple with silver glitter
- Radium: pearly bright vivid blue
- Snatch: glittery frosted pink
- Suspect: pearly darkened gold
- Psychedelic Sister: bright frosted purple.
These eye shadows work well with the exception of the glittery finished shades. While I like them, the fall out is a bit of a pain to deal with. The glitter is great if I'm having a night out, but for daytime, it won't make it into my everyday work looks. I also found with the glittery eye shadows that they are less pigmented and take a bit more patience to apply.
While glittery eye shadows may not be my cup of tea for day to day, am sure to give this set lots of attention for some nights out. The shades reflect the bright, glittery and colorful nature of New York, with some small doses of neutrals to go from day to night. Like the two other Urban Decay Book of Shadow Palettes I own, I am sure to have some playing :)