Sunday, September 19, 2010

NOTD: MAC Imperial Flower Nail Lacquer Review & Swatches



MAC Imperial Flower Nail Lacquer is a frosted tangerine shade with gold glitter and red undertones. It is a playful shade that is quite the opposite of the gray skies and pending rain of the fall and winter around here. This one is bound to cheer me up!

Imperial Flower is much like its fellow MAC Nail Trend Fall Winter 2010 Jin Soon Choi Collection mates, it has glitter similar to that of MAC Dazzleglass. From afar and up close, the glitter is evident without being over the top. This particular shade runs a bit sheer and dries ever so quickly. I think I was done two coats in 15 minutes without having to use a quick dry spray. The sheerness actually lends to its wear-ability without being in your face bright. I chose to do sheer swatches of two coats, but three will get you a nearly opaque finish. The fast drying time leaded to little issues in application. No quibbles on dragging glitter ! :)

Truthfully, I thought this was too bright for my taste. A bright orange shade like this didn't really occur in my collection of nail polish. Only Revlon Mango Nail Polish in a cream finish was present in the bright orange category. Am glad to have gotten this shade, I am sure to be wearing this shade in the gloomy rain ;)

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment