Monday, September 27, 2010

NOTD: MAC Disney Venomous Villains Formidable Nail Lacquer



MAC Formidable Nail Lacquer is part of the Maleficent Collection of MAC Venomous Villains. At first glance, Formidable reminds me of MAC Blue Brown pigment. (One of my first MAC pigments actually ;). Formidable has a plummy brown base with blue, purple, green and red shimmers, in addition to the blue cast. It flashes differently depending on lighting, so unique!

The closest nail lacquer I have is MAC Toast of the Town, from way back in the Barbie Loves MAC collection in 2007. Toast of the Town doesn't have the shimmers that Formidable does. As well, Formidable is quite a bit more pigmented. I remember having to do 4-5 layers for Toast of the Town yet still not come close to being saturated enough to cover my natural nails.

The formula of Formidable isn't too shabby. It runs on the thinner side of formula's, but dries quickly. For swatches, I used 3 coats. But 4 coats would be ideal. One of the MAC make-up artists did mention to try it out with a black nail polish as a base coat. I have yet to do that, but I will be sure to follow up :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment