Sunday, September 19, 2010

MAC Unlimited Pro Longwear Lipcreme Review & Lip Swatch













MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme is one of the newest additions to MAC Cosmetics permanent line of color products. Out of the 12 colors, Unlimited was the shade I picked for my test run.












Unlimited is listed on the MAC website as being a dirty muted rose. It is a cream finish in a cool shade of rosy pink with a tinge of blue, yet not too cool or too light for my NC40 skintone.

MAC Pro Longwear Lipcremes are meant to last for up to 12 hours of wear, staying true to color without a need for a top coat. I tried this out for the last 3 days to see how well it performed. Initially, the lipstick looks great with a slightly glossy appearance. It felt slightly moist, a bit creamy with a light texture. It required only two passes to reach complete opaque coverage.

After a few glasses of water and a few hours later, the glossiness is no longer visible and has turned to a matte appearance. Shortly there after, I noticed a bit of a tightness on my lips with a bit of dryness. Due to a craving for really good piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting at the 6 hour mark on one day, the majority of the lipstick at the center of my lips was gone. It seemed like I had just lined my lips in it and forgot to put anything in the middle. I guess the oil from the cream cheese made it come off.

On another day, I was able to get 8 hours of wear time when I topped it with Dazzleglass half way through. The end of the lipstick color was when I ate an apple that rubbed off/exfoliated the remaining traces of lipstick. The third day was much the same, only a bit of pigmentation was left on my lips from the lipstick at the 8 hour mark.










I never got to 12 hours of wear. Perhaps if I wasn't a grazer type of eater and didn't drink from a cup, I could make it to 12. Am thankful that the lipgloss did help in wear time and helped prevent the drying feeling.

I can't say I will get another one of these lipsticks since it didn't perform as well as I had expected. As well, didn't find the selection to be that appealing to me to warrant spending more for a not so unique shade. The finishes were mostly cream finishes, where I tend to like something with a bit more gloss and shimmer. Of 'course I could top it with lipgloss, but I have many other lipsticks that would do the same job.

MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme's are available at MAC stores, counters and online. These retail for $19.00 CAD.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. great review thank you! I wouldn't want to wear a lipstick straight for 12 hours so I was skeptical if this would actually last that long, but having a semi-lasting lipstick is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine,
    Thank you for the comment :) I didn't find it lasts anywhere near 12 hours, but 6 to 8 hours is pretty good. I'm a grazer/mini-meal eater, so every 3-4 hours, I'm grabbing something to eat. ;)
    Cheers
    Christy

    ReplyDelete