Monday, September 20, 2010

MAC Fabulous Felines Palace Pedigree Review & Swatches



The purple and plum addict in me couldn't quite help herself. MAC Fabulous Felines Palace Pedigree Eye Shadow Quad with Courtly, Palace Pedigreed, Quite Spoiled and Russian Blue is one more fabulous and versatile quad to add to my stash.



Courtly is a cool toned pale pink with a touch of mauve and grey tones in a satin finish shade. I like this a brow bone highlighter or inner third of the lid color. I found I had to pack it and use a stickier base to really get it show up all over my lid. It was uneven with a drier base. (eg. my old MAC Fresh Cement Shadestick. Its a wee bit dried out....oops! Don't forget to close up your packages tightly!)



Palace Pedigreed is a dark purple berry plum with pink shimmer in a satin finish. I love this color, its a slightly darker and redder version of MAC Plum Dressing.

Quite Spoiled is a mauvey pink in a satin finish. It reminds me a lot of MAC Mink Pink if you added some shimmer to it. I like this all over the lid or for the middle and outer third of the lid. I've also used it to blend out Palace Pedigreed for above the crease.

Russian Blue is a matte finish dark grayed blue. Surprisingly, this one did not apply chalky. It actually applied smoothly for a matte finish. It makes a great crease applied heavily, liner shade applied with the edge of a 239 brush or the tip of the 219 brush, or use it as an above the crease color blended out lightly with a 217 brush.

I found this palette leaned a bit cool, but paired with neutral blush and pale yellow pink lips, I could still make this quad work. Using all four shades in one look can be a bit a challenge as two of the four are on the darker side, resulting in a smoky blue and purple look. Using Palace Pedigreed and Russian Blue sparingly though, I can make this quad work for a daytime look. The other two quads of Fabulous Feline weren't overly unique enough for me to warrant a purchase at the moment. But who knows, I may just change my mind. ;)

In other news, tomorrow night is the unveiling party for the Disney Venomous Villains Collection at the MAC store on Robson Street. I'm extremely excited to go get my hands on some of the collection before launch date. (And a few drinkies and appetizer's too. :) My wish list is going to cost me about $450 CAD with tax. (Eeek!) However, my hopes are that I will swatch and not find love in all of it. Will see what happens and post pictures as soon as humanly possible. Perhaps even at the coffee shop down the street that has free Wi-fi. ;)

For now, I hope you enjoy the swatches.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment