Sunday, September 26, 2010

MAC Disney Venomous Villains Evil Queen Bite of Apple Blush & Oh So Fair Beauty Powder Review & Swatches



The Evil Queen collection of MAC Venomous Villains includes a gorgeous array of beautiful slightly cooler toned products. My picks were Hot House Lipglass, Strange Potion Lipglass, Bite of An Apple Blush and Oh So Fair Beauty Powder.


Bite of An Apple Blush is a matte finish bright coral that leans a bit red. Used lightly, it's a beautiful shade for a slight flush (especially for lighter skinned girls). This one doesn't build up as easily as Darkly My Dear. This blush makes me think of old school Hollywood. I'm thinking of matching this up with loads of liquid eye liner, big lashes, and red lips. ;)


Oh So Fair Beauty Powder is a bright clean neutral pink with gold pearl. Beauty Powders from MAC are generally less pigmented than blushes are. As well, the color doesn't tend to build up to the intensity of the pan. While this one doesn't get close, it is quite a bit more pigmented than I expected. At first this kind of reminded me of Pearl Blossom Beauty Powder from the Barbie Loves MAC Collection. When I swatched them against each other, Pearl Blossom has a lot of silver pearl to it. I've used Oh So Fair as a blush, darker skinned girls may find this may not work for them.


Review and swatches of Hot House Lipglass and Strange Potion Lipglass to follow. :) Enjoy the swatch pictures.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. IM DEBATING IF I SHOULD GET BITE OF AN APPLE OR NOT! GREAT POST GIRL! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirsty,
    I think you'll really like it. It's already sold out online and quite a few counters in my area.
    Cheers,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete