Thursday, September 23, 2010

MAC Disney Venomous Villains Cruella De Vil Darkly My Dear Blush Review & Swatches



MAC Venomous Villains features four fabulous villains, including Cruella De Vil. While I don't really like her personally (I love dogs, especially my 10 year old golden retriever mix :), I do like the color story of this collection due to its wear-ability for me. (Golds, copper, red lips and some darker than nude blush? How many of those do I have in my stash? Loads of them ;) So my sole item from the Cruella De Vil Collection was Darkly My Dear Blush.



Darkly My Dear Blush is a matte finished dirty reddened plum with a predominant brown tone to it. It's a blush I can see using when something more is needed than just a nude blush. I would use a light to medium hand on this as it does build up in pigment very easily. I would suggest matching it with strong red lips and use lean towards the lighter end of the eye shadows of this collection.

Aside from Darkly My Dear Blush, I almost got Wicked Ways Lipglass and Heartless Lipstick. While they are both beautiful shades of cherry red with a hint of a blue undertone, I vetoed against them as I rarely wear red lipstick or lipgloss. My reds in my stash include Brave Red Lipstick, Russian Red Lipstick, Venetian Lustreglass and Cockney Lipstick. I thonk the last time I wore them was just before spring but I am sure that will change soon since checking out this collection.

For now, enjoy the product pictures and swatches. I will be sure to post looks soon :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Great swatch. I agree with the light hand on this. It is really pigmented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristie,
    Yes, it is really pigmented. It's much easier to apply it lightly than to apply it heavily :)
    Cheers,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete