Monday, September 6, 2010

MAC Dare to Wear Eye Shadows Going Bananas & Shock-a-holic Review & Swatches

The MAC Dare to Wear Collection also included 12 brightly shaded eye shadows in addition to the lipglasses. I initially passed on the eye shadows since I don't tend to wear super bright shades. After much thought and subtle lemming, I figured I may as well get Going Bananas and Shock-a-holic.

Going Bananas is a frost finished light yellow. This applies smoothly and evenly. It is significantly lighter than MAC Bright Future from Style Warriors.

Shock-a-holic is a matte finished medium dark purple. At first glance I thought this was pretty close to MAC Vibrant Grape, MAC Very Violet and Makeup For Ever No. 92. (Comparison post to come! ;) Unfortunately, I find that this eye shadow was a bit dry and slightly chalky. It required a base to appear even. Application was not smooth with or without a base. I had used my MAC 239 brush, but it didn't seem to want to go on as well as I am used to. Patchy at areas, I had to go back with a MAC 228 brush to fill them in.

While I don't totally love Shock-a-holic, I still love the look it gives. My collection of purple's has exploded out of one palette and also occupies several quads, I can't help adding another purple ;) Going Bananas is definitely one shade of yellow I'll be using. Am glad I did a mini-haul ;) Swatches are done with MAC Painterly Paint Pot (right) and without a base (left).



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment