Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beauty & Fashion Combine! H&M Lipgloss Review & Swatches

On a recent visit through H&M while picking up a pair of sandals, I came across their cosmetics line. While limited to lipgloss, nail polish, hand creams, shower gels and lotions, there's a small selection of shades and scents.

Out of all the items, I was most drawn to the lipgloss with their zebra print handles. Hula Hula in Hawaii and Coco Kiss in Aruba both landed in my shopping bag. Hula Hula in Hawaii is a shimmery bright strawberry pink with pink and blue pearl. Coco Kiss in Aruba is a frosty cool light brownish beige with silver pearl. Both smell like sweetened synthetic berries. Both shades have low pigmentation and are much more suitable over a lipstick or other lip product. On their own, they are quite sheer. Between the two there is very little difference on the lips. The texture is not sticky, fairly glossy and only slightly gritty. After three hours of wear, there left very little on the lips and required application. Needless to say they didn't last through much drinking or eating.

At less than $7 a tube, each tube contains 0.24 fl oz (7 mL), roughly half the size of MAC Superglass and larger than MAC Lipglass (4.8 grams, 0.17 fl oz).

Seems like everyone is launching a beauty or cosmetics line to grab us by the wallet ;) Unfortunately, I don't think these are ones I'd pick up in the future. While I like to use scented lipgloss, I find that the scent is a tad overpowering for application throughout the day. I prefer ones that have less scent or at least a scent that I am interested in. A substitute that comes to mind is Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss. They are available in a wide variety of scents and shades that commonly go on sale for 5 for $20 or even better. In any case, I will use these until they go bad, but more so for the glossy shine factor.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment