Monday, June 14, 2010

NOTD: Revlon 85 Minted Nail Enamel Swatches















Revlon Minted Nail Enamel is just another pretty pale green akin to Chanel Jade and Essie Mint Candy Apple. Revlon Minted Nail Enamel 85 is a pastel green with a hint of blue. It has no hints of pearl or shimmer. It is a pure cream finish. It makes me think of pistachio colored glossy jordan almonds commonly found in wedding favors.















Despite its delicious shade, it is streaky. I needed 3 medium thick coats to achieve the swatches here. At that, there are still some patches that could use some touching up. I would also suggest waiting a few minutes between coats, just to allow for the previous coat to dry enough not to streak.

What I do like about this jade-esque shade is that it is is widely available and if you are lucky, you may even find it on sale. There is far less hunting high and low or even looking all over Ebay to get a bottle! :) I would definitely suggest having a look into Minted and use it with a heavy dose of patience. ;)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. ooo! This is really pretty, I have to look for it the next time I'm at CVS. Your nails are so nice, btw : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thestartsteam,
    Thank you for the compliment :) <3 CVS, unfortunately we don't have them here in Canada but we have many other drugstores that are pretty similar. I really like the coupons at the end of the receipt. They always made me want to come back & use it ;)

    ReplyDelete