Monday, May 31, 2010

MAC Opulash Mascara Review















I picked up MAC Opulash Mascara in Bad Bad Black at the preview/release party for MAC To The Beach. I'm always game for new mascara's to add to my arsenal. I find some mascara's are great for everyday (eg. MAC Studio Fix Lash Mascara), others are great to add plump and length, but require a bit of work (eg. MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara). Opulash leans more towards the later category of mascara's. It delivers length, thickness and deep dark blackness, yet not too much work :)














The wand itself is quite similar to Diorshow and Diorshow Blackout. It is not as wide or fluffy as MAC Plushlash mascara. However, the wand runs on the long side, so if you find long wands difficult to control, take some care in using this brush.














As for color, it runs fairly dark. Actually, as close to Diorshow Blackout. The formula is on the thick side, however doesn't get too goopy to need a wipe down before using it.

For the pictures below, I've used MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack to tightline my upper lashline. For the lower waterline, I've used MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved. First picture is no mascara, yet curled. Second picture is with one generous coat. Third picture is lashes curled with a heated eyelash curler and an extra coat of MAC Opulash Mascara.















The description for Opulash states that it will last for up to 15 hours. While I didn't wear it for exactly 15 hours, I did wear it to work, the commute to work there and back, the gym for 2 hours of sweating and a walk with my dog. After 13 hours, no flaking and no smudging. Removal is pretty easy, just a wee bit of MAC Cleanse Off Oil is enough. In addition, the price is right. At only $16.50 CAD a tube, it doesn't make my wallet cry or break the beauty budget.

The verdict? Love it. I would definitely pick this up in the future. :)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I usually stick to drugstore mascaras because I haven't had much luck with higher end ones, but I want to give Opulash a try. Such a weird name, though! lol : ) Great review!

    ReplyDelete