Friday, April 23, 2010

Sephora VIB Sale Haul & Mini-Reviews














Hello my dear readers. I hope everyone's gone to their nearest Sephora to pick up a few little cosmetics and beauty treasures. Being a shopaholic, I picked up a small haul of three items. I picked up the Sephora 18K Gold Plated Eye Lash Curler, Benefit Sugarbomb Blush, Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Blush in One Too Many, Tokidoki Kabuki Brush, Korres Jasmine Body Butter, Murad Acne Spot Treatment and Sephora Flashy Waterproof Liner in Flashy Pink.

The Sephora 18K Gold Plated Eye Lash Curler was really something I didn't need, but had been looking into getting for quite some time. My current eyelash curlers work well, but who doesn't like a little bit of luxury? Obviously, I am not opposed. I did learn from reading the side of the box that the silicone pad should be changed every 3 months. I'll be honest, I didn't know that but now I do. I'll be changing it over in tandem with my mascara to keep my eyes safe :)














Flashy Pink is a sparkling pink champagne liner that grabbed me as soon as I swatched it. While I wouldn't use this to fully line my upper lashline or lower lashline, it works as a tearduct color without wielding an eyeshadow brush and a loose eye shadow or eye shadow. In other words, I'll be able to whip this out in a hurry and I can take it away with me while on the go. :)















Benefit Sugarbomb Blush was on the top of my list. It's composed of peach, pink and lavender with shimmer. It includes a brush applicator that sits snugly above the powder. It's fairly light on me, however I think it will work well over top of blushes that tend to be a bit too bright or for a subtle cheek.



















The Korres Jasmine Body Butter is a delicately scented body butter that is richly moisturizing yet not greasy. I'm in love with the scent. It reminds me of being at my uncle's home in the Philippines. At night the jasmine in the garden blooms and scent drifts in with the cool night air. This lotion takes me back and makes me feel great.



















The Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Blush in One Too Many was a total impulse buy. I'd seen a few reviews of it and with the natural look of cream blushes, I was totally lemming when I saw the range. I didn't pick up the brush to go with it since I have both the MAC 187 and MAC 188 duo fibre brushes. Review and swatches coming soon as I play with it for the next few days.













The Tokidoki Kabuki Brush was too cute to pass up. I adore the packaging that it comes in, but I really like that it is antibacterial. I'm a bit of a germaphobe. In fact I have several kabuki brushes just so I can use a clean one everyday. Since the Tokidoki brush is antibacterial, I'm hoping that I'll have to clean my brushes less frequently. So far, I like how nice and soft it is. I'm just hoping it performs well.

Lastly, I got Murad Acne Spot Treatment. Every few weeks, I get a few of the nasty buggers that like to drive me mad. Since using the Clarisonic, this is far less frequent, however I still get them. While a friend of mine gave me a sample of Retin-A, I really didn't want to visit the doctor for a prescription to zap the nasty buggers. So I'm having some hope with this one. Review on this to come shortly :)

Hope everyone's gotten themselves a good haul. What did you get??? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment