Sunday, April 11, 2010

MAC Trip Cool Eyes Palette Review & Swatches
















The MAC Trip 5 Cool Eyes Palette made it's debut in Spring 2009 at Duty Free Shops. However, I got mine on Ebay a little while ago. To my surprise, they've been made available online this year. This palette retails for $44.50 CAD on the MAC Canada site.














The palette includes Prismique, Springtime Skipper, Waternymph, Knight Divine and Flashtrack.

Prismique is a frosty white silver in a lustre finish. Thankfully, this is the only shadow in the palette that has a less than desirable texture. Being a lustre, it runs a bit drier than the other eye shadows in this palette. However, the combined pigmentation and texture make this a suitable tearduct or highlighter color.















Springtime Skipper is a frosty minty green with gold pearl in a veluxe pearl finish. The pigmentation of this is superb. However, if you're wanting just this eye shadow to fill your need for a green with a gold cast, I would look into getting either Juxt (shows up more gold on me) or Lucky Green (much more green).
















Waternymph is a frosty teal with emerald pearl pigments in a frost finish. This is a beautiful shade of teal that is really quite striking. The emerald cast is unique to the teals that I have, including Aquadisiac (Lustre) and Too Dolly (Frost).

Knight Divine is a silvery gunmetal gray with silver and blue pearl in a veluxe pearl finish. It reminds me of Love Lace Eye Shadow.

Flashtrack is a midnight blue with silver pearl in a veluxe pearl finish. It's a lot like Deep Truth and Star by Night, but slightly subdued.

Swatches below are done with a MAC 239 brush. The top row in the photo below is over MAC Painterly Paint Pot. The second row is over bare skin. For reference, I have NC40 skintone.
















The great thing about this palette is that includes well pigmented eye shadows that allow for a range of looks beyond your neutrals for some fun eye looks. The majority of this palette includes a lot of winners if you're up for some blues and greens. Personally, I don't own a lot of blues and greens, yet I can see myself using Prismique in the inner third, Springtime on the outer two thirds of the lid, Knight Divine in the crease and Flashtrack very light blended above the crease. I could also see myself doing a blue smokey eye with this palette using Knight Divine and Flashtrack. I could go on and on with various looks, but in the meantime enjoy the swatches. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment