Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hard Candy Pin Up & Honeymoon Baked Blush Review & Swatches












Hard Candy Baked Blushes are shimmery pots of inexpensive glamour. Each pot contains 8 grams, 0.28 oz and cost approximately $8 USD each at Walmart. I got Pin Up and Honeymoon. Honeymoon is shimmery yellow pink with lavender and pink veining. Pin Up is shimmery peachy pink beige with brown and peach veining.














I find Honeymoon fairly light to use as a blush on my NC40 skintone. I'd use this more so as a highlighter or to tone down a brighter blush. It does come off as very frosty, so a light hand is required to prevent looking too shiny. It is quite close to MAC Porcelain Pink Mineralize Skin Finish and also quite similar to MAC Perfect topping Mineralize Skin Finish. This is at least on my skintone. I know this will probably vary from one on others who are lighter than myself.















Pin Up is much a pretty pinky peach beige with hints of brown. It is just dark enough for me to use as a blush. It is not as frosty as Honeymoon. It actually reminds me of a lighter MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush and browner version of MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skin Finish.











Overall, I'm really liking these. They're great value for anyone on a budget or are interested in an inexpensive splurge. I'm hoping to make my way down to Walmart in the USA again so I can get Living Doll and Bombshell. It's just too bad they don't sell these at the Canadian Walmart or I'd be trying out more Hard Candy.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I have light olive skin tone and am debating between these two for a highlight! Please help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    I'd probably go for Pin-Up. I think the warmth would compliment your skin tone more than Honeymoon. HTH :)

    ReplyDelete