Sunday, March 21, 2010

MAC Spring Color Forecast Lipstick & Lipglass Review & Swatches



MAC Spring Colour Forecast is full of beauties for lipstick and lipglass lovers. With spring in the air, pinks and corals are just one way to bring your makeup colours into the new season. There's a great mix of both warm and cool shades. I was more than happy to get Ember Glow, Cha Cha, Hush Hush Rose Lipglass, as well as Victorian, Laugh A Lot, Bubblegum, Colour Me Coral and Fresh Salmon Lipstick.

Personally, I tend to prefer warmer colours, but I do enjoy a cool lipstick layered with a warm lipgloss. Spring Colour Forecast includes one such warmer transitional lipglosses in the shade of Ember Glow. Ember Glow is a creamy light apricot, quite similar in fact to Feeling Dreamy from the MAC Warm & Cozy Collection. It has medium opacity, so it allows for a light layering over lipstick. I used Ember Glow over Snob, Viva Glam Gaga and Saint Germain. The end result was a lovely pinky coral with lip.

For something I'd wear everyday on its own, I picked out Cha Cha lipglass. It is a frosted medium pink with gold glitter. The glitter in it isn't overly chunky where it is gritty when worn. This one reminds me of Love Nectar Lustreglass and Ensign Lustreglass. Both shades I'd wear for a subtle yet still there lip colour. It has medium opacity, not too sheer yet not high pigmented.

Hush Hush Rose is quite the opposite of subtle. It actually is a nice bright raspberry pink. It is quite like Steal My Heart from MAC Rose Romance. I found this one to be the most pigmented. A little of this went a long way considering it was a lipgloss.
















The lipsticks were a wonderful surprise in how well pigmented they were. Specifically Laugh A Lot, listed as a lustre in a medium mauve pink really did not come off as a sheer as most lustre finish lipsticks do. It is actually well pigmented. It has some similarities to Viva Glam VI SE released with Fergie, but Laugh A Lot is not as cool toned. Given the choices, this is probably the one I would pick if I could only get one lipstick from Spring Color Forecast.

Bubblegum is a lavender pink, that is finally a lavender pink that I can wear. Perhaps because it is a slightly less corpse like as Lavender Whip or Fashion Mews on me. This is a medium pigmented glaze, that makes it much more wearable than the aforementioned lipsticks.

Fresh Salmon is described by MAC as a sheer bright pinky orange, I'd say it is a pinky coral. Since it is a lustre finish, it applies sheer but is buildable.

Colour Me Coral is an orangey coral in a frost finish. It reminds me of Costa Chic, but with more frost and lighter in shade. It applies opaquely.

Victorian is described by MAC as frosted light golden pink. It is similar to MAC Lollipop Loving, but much more pigmented, brighter and without the greenish cast.


No comments:

Post a Comment