Tuesday, December 29, 2009

MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator & Thermal Mask Review


















Two of my favorite items from MAC Style Black released at the end of September were the MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator and the Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask. I fell in love with both items which are unfortunately limited edition. I admit, I hoarded a bit and got 6 tubes of each product. Both products have a distinctive earthy smell and gritty texture (exfoliator being the thicker and grittier of the two).

The exfoliator leaves my skin feeling super soft. Since it contains sugar particles in addition to volcanic ash, it doesn't feel like I'm rubbing something to harsh on my skin. I like that it contains sugar since it kind of tells you that you're done. Just remember not to use it on a very wet face, otherwise the sugar will dissolve too soon.

Using the mask is relaxing and lush. On slightly damp skin, the warmth begins. It lasts only for a few seconds, just enough to allow my pores to open up. After rinsing it off, it leaves my skin feeling extremely clean. Immediately after using the mask, it did appear that my acne had gone down in size. Since both products contain sulfur, it should be a given that it would help acne.

In over 2 months of use for 2 to 3 times a week, I have noticed that hyper-pigmentation due to acne has gone down significantly. My skin appears clearer and more even in color. While these products aren't the only changes I've made to my skincare regime (ie. the addition of the Clarisonic MIA). I do feel that they've made a change in the frequency, number and size of my acne. My skin feels softer, appears smoother and is more even in skin tone.

I have not had any reactions to either product. I haven't noticed any strange tightening or stinging. Both products feel soothing and relaxing for me. If you can still get your hands on this, I suggest you try it. Stock up and store carefully my fellow beauty addicts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment