Tuesday, December 8, 2009

FOTD: Gold's & Brown's from the Tarte Treasure Chest



I have finally gotten to use my Tarte Treasure Chest! :D I know I should've gotten lots of use out of it already, but I've gotten sidelined by so many things lately. It just sat there on top of my makeup organizer without being touched. I broke it out yesterday for a trip to the grocery store.

I kept things nice and simple and chose 4 gold and brown shades from the upper tier of shimmery shadows in the Tarte Treasure Chest. They are located on the upper left corner of the upper tier. Given the photo at the end of this post (from top left corner, clockwise) they are warm gold shimmer, soft brown shimmer, light gold shimmer and dark brown shimmer. All have noticeable gold flecks.

The lipgloss I used in this look is a sheer coral with shimmer. It is located in the second column and second row. It is very sheer. I'd probably use it over MAC Costa Chic lipstick to kick it up a notch. The blush in this look is a very pretty pinky peach with some gold shimmer. It is very similar to MAC Fleur Power Blush. As well, I used MAC Sheer Mystery Powder to set my foundation. Just so you can see the very very light sheen it has.

What I used:
Eyes:
Tarte Treasure Chest: warm gold, soft brown, light gold and dark brown
NYX Long Eye Pencil, dark brown
Urban Decay Skyscraper Mascara
Gosh Cosmetics Shimmering & Waterproof Eye Shadow, Love That Beige
Benefit Browzing, dark brown
MAC Brow Set, clear

Face:
MAC Select Sheer SPF 15 Foundation, NC40
MAC Sheer Mystery Powder, Medium Plus
MAC Select Cover Up Concealer, NW35 (under eyes)
Tarte Treasure Chest: pink peach blush

Lips:
Tarte Treasure Chest: sheer coral

Directions:
Apply Love That Beige to lids. Apply warm gold eye shadow to entire lid with a MAC 239 brush, pack more to inner corner. Apply light gold eye shadow to brow bone with a MAC 252 brush. Apply soft brown eye shadow to crease and above crease using a MAC 226. Apply dark brown eye shadow to outer third of lid and in crease. Blend out edges with your favorite blending brush. Apply dark brown eye liner to upper lashline. Curl lashes and apply mascara. Apply blush to cheeks and lipgloss to lips.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Tarte e/s are great :) They do need a base though and be careful not to overblend.

    ReplyDelete