Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Clarisonic MIA Sonic Skin Care Review
















I have used my Clarisonic MIA for just over a month. Overall, I'm absolutely loving it. From the Clarisonic website the, "Clarisonic is the sonic technology proven to gently yet effectively loosen dirt and oil to clear your pores. The Clarisonic Cleansing System uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth your skin. In just 60 seconds a day, the Clarisonic micro-massage action cleans more than twice as effectively as manual cleansing."

On using it with a foaming cleanser and water, it rapidly creates a large amount of foam compared to rubbing a foaming cleanser and water in my hands. I found that I would use less foaming cleanser with the MIA compared to creating a foam in my hands.

The timer on the MIA is set to 60 seconds, using it for 10 seconds on each cheek, 20 seconds on the forehead and 20 seconds on the chin. I use it for 2 minutes just to make sure I get everything out of there. ;) I don't find this is to harsh though as I am using the Sensitive brush head.

When using a toner after cleansing, I did notice that the cotton pad had very little makeup residue and oil on it. It almost feels like a step I could skip, but I do it anyways to ensure thorough cleansing.

I do find that my skin has become noticeably smoother and softer. Previously, I had been using the MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator and Thermal Mask every other day. This softened and smoothed my skin, but didn't last long before I had to use them again. Now that I'm using the MIA, I find that if I use MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator and Thermal Mask every 2-3 days, my skin still feels soft and smooth.

As well, I've found that the blackheads that have dotted my nose from puberty have just about disappeared. Yes almost, but not quite. They redevelop of course over time. It just means I need to spend a little more time gently pressing the MIA to my nose.

My greatest benefit to using this that I've noticed a difference in my acne. While I've never been one to have cystic acne, I do have mild to moderate acne with new zits rearing their ugly head at least once a week. I've found that so far I've had a decreased frequency and size in acne. ie. smaller zits and less often. I expected to have a slight break out at first, but that didn't happen. The reason being that even though it brings the dirt up, it may not remove it completely, providing a nice little pearl of dirt to develop acne. Obviously, I am happy this didn't happen. It just means that the MIA is doing its job. =)

I purchased the MIA through The Shopping Channel where they offer Easy Pay. This allows me to use the product for quite some time before I make my last payment. This makes it much more affordable by delaying the payments. The best part is that they don't charge you interest, so it isn't like other programs where you pay extra for delaying payment.

After over 30 days of use, this is truly a keeper for me. I'm really glad I got it. I don't feel my skin has been this good for many many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment