Friday, November 20, 2009

Volturi Twilight Cosmetics Labyrinth Loose Eye Shadow & Enrapture Lip Gloss Review & Swatches
















Volturi Twilight cosmetics is a new release into the cosmetic world for all the Twilight Saga lovers. Being a cosmetic junkie and avid reader, I figured these would be worth a look while at London Drugs yesterday.

Volturi Twilight cosmetics features Enrapture Sheer Lip Gloss, Labyrinth Loose Eye Shadow, Foreshadow Eyelid Primer, Crown Metallic Mascara, Immortal Liquid Body Shimmer and Reign Scented Body Mist. From what I can see on the Twilight Beauty website, there is also a DuWop Twilight Lip Venom that the London Drugs Cosmetics department did not have. However, I did see the DuWop Twilight Lip Venom ($18 CAD) at Sephora.















I was able to try out most of the products, but testers were not available for all body mists and body shimmers. To begin with, I picked up Enrapture Sheer Lip Gloss in Obsess ( 0.07 oz 2.0 grams, $14.00 CAD). What drew me most towards it was the hot pink shade and pink shimmer laced through it. On swatching though, it is a very sheer pink with a bit of shimmer. On the lips it is much the same. It has a sugary sweet candy fragrance, kind of like cotton candy.

In store I was able to swatch the second shade of Enrapture, called Arsenic. Arsenic appears black with silver and gold shimmer through it. Swatched on skin, it's an ultra sheer black with gold shimmer. Compared to the three MAC Style Black Glimmerglass, Glimmerglass swatches much more pigmented than Arsenic. I passed on Arsenic since I don't tend to reach for a black lip gloss. I would much rather use MAC Black Knight lipstick or MAC Black Cream Color Base and mix with a sheer lip gloss for a similar effect.




I also picked up Volturi Twilight Loose Eye Shadow in Myth, Dusk, Lover and Beloved. Myth is a metallic silver gray. Dusk is a metallic dark maroon. Beloved is a frosty light pink. Lover is metallic medium pinky purple. I wore Myth and Dusk yesterday over Painterly Paint Pot as a test run on wear time and found these have fall out issues. I also tried these over Medusa Stick-It Primer, which is similar to the Volturi Twilight Foreshadow Eyelid Primer that I had swatched in store. Over the Medusa primer, the colors do appear brighter, adhere to the skin much better and have little to no fallout.




































Other items I saw and tried in store were Crown Metallic Mascara, Immortal Liquid Body Shimmer and Reign Scented Body Mist. The mascara is available in 3 shades: Black Knight, Royal Blue and Silver-Plated. This didn't draw me in due to the large size of the brush head. I already find the MAC Zoom Fast Black Mascara large, what more of this.

Immortal Liquid Body Shimmer in Black Magic jumped out at me as something I wanted to get. In the tube it appears to be a black liquid with suspended gold shimmer. Swatched on the skin, it is a very sheer matte black with gold shimmer. The texture reminded me of Sephora Smoothing Primer and MAC Matte. While as unique as this product was, I don't believe I would be able to use this so I didn't buy it. Immortal Liquid body Shimmer is also available in Tainted Love. They didn't have a tester of this at London Drugs, so I didn't get to try it out.

Reign Scented Body Mist is available in 4 scents: Forbidden Fruit (woodsy fresh and fruity), Bella (warm, delicate vanilla), Wicked (Spicy cinnamon delight) and Romance (Fresh flowers). I was able to try out Forbidden Fruit. I found it smelled like a sweet apple at first, but faded down to licorice. Unfortunately, the three other scents were not available to sample.

For the price, these items don't really make me want to get more. The Enrapture lipgloss is less than half the size of a MAC lipglass and is nearly the same price. The packaging is a cute clear container with the Volturi crescent and fence printed on the front. However, I'm not a fan of pan style lip gloss. I am not really the type to stick my fingers into this to apply it. I know I'd have bring a lip brush, not really something I'd do on a regular basis.

The Labyrinth Loose Eye Shadows are pretty, but I tend to find loose shadows can be hard to work with. I'm a bit of a klutz and have seen many a loose eye shadow on the floor with a giant mess. I will probably end up pressing them into pans and putting them in a palette very soon so I don't have to worry about it so much. The eye shadows are priced well. They contain a good amount at 2.3 grams for $10 CAD compared to Medusa Eye Dusts at 1.5 grams for $8 CAD.

I hope this helps for all the Twilight Saga lovers and cosmetic junkies looking into the line. I'm hoping to get my hands on a tube of DuWop Twilight Venom soon on my next trip to Sephora. Hope it's there, so wish me luck! =)

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I'll admit to being curious about this line :P Thanks for the review, hon!! I'll definitely pass on the gloss (which I was actually pretty excited about -- such colour, in the pan!) but might check out the eye dusts if I run into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rae, You're welcome! Since the Twilight saga was filmed in my city, my interested piqued on the Twilight makeup. (As well since R. Pat's dined across the street from my work...Heheh) The lipgloss ended up in my basket since they didn't have a tester of it in store. I figured, why not get another pink lipgloss? Unfortunately, the glitter is gritty once it dries down. The eye dusts were pretty good for what they are though. But they definitely need a sticky primer for them to adhere to.

    ReplyDelete