Monday, October 12, 2009

Sephora Haul: Oscar Blandi & Tarte















With the wonderful makeup candy store of Sephora opening up on Wednesday, I made a list of all the goodies I had to look at for my next visit. I was looking forward to all of the Urban Decay Holiday sets, Tarte palettes that were online as well as the Oscar Blandi Oil Serum. Perusing the store, I found out that some items were not available at all locations. So just because you see it on their site doesn't meant they will have it in store as all stores don't stock all brands. I spoke to a MA who mentioned that the Urban Decay holiday sets will not be available at the Metrotown store until the first week of November.

With that aside, I was able to pick out the Oscar Blandi Collezione di Jasmine Hair Smoothing Essentials that was sold out online, the Tarte Femme Fatale palette, the Tarte Femme Naturale palette and a trial size version of Sephora brush cleaner. Out of everything I picked up, I was most pleased with the Oscar Blandi products. They remind me grandmother since they smell of the Sampaguita Jasmine flowers, the national flower of the Philippines. I enjoyed this scent so much, I told my cousin she had to buy at least the oil serum since it smelled so good. I have yet to use much more than the oil serum, but from other reviews online, I expect the other products to be quite good.















I cracked, I bought both the Tarte Femme Naturale and the Femme Fatale palettes. I can see a lot of dupes from MAC, however there were some colors I don't have and others that would be easily wearable. In addition, they were an amazing value at $57 CAD each with 10 eye shadows, a brush and eyeliner. I will follow up in the near future with comparison photo's and possible dupes for both palettes. So far I've only used the Femme Fatale palette. The color seems to wear well with a base.

My next visit at Sephora will have to be just a look around. This haul was a bagful of great values that I am just beginning to enjoy. Enjoy the clickable pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment