Saturday, October 24, 2009

Sephora Amazing Find: Tarte Treasure Chest

Yowzers, what a busy & stessful week! Thank goodness it's the weekend and I have a bit of time to post before I head out.

Wandering through the aisles of Sephora today, I thought I wouldn't be getting anything. The nailpolish I wanted was out of stock, so I thought I'll be able to make it out of here for once without buying anything.

Well, of course that didn't happen. To my surprise, I found the Tarte Treasure Chest in stock ^o^!! With only 1 left on the shelf, it ended up in my hot little hands with no turning back. The MA I spoke to said it was a great buy and definitely worth it. I have to agree.

The Tarte Treasure Chest includes a bronzer, a highlighter, 4 blushes, 16 lipglosses, 16 matte eyeshadows and 16 shimmering eyeshadows. It's a big WOW for value on this one. That's not just for the quantity, but also for the quality. The blushes alone are richly pigmented and smooth to apply. I think they'll need a light hand to apply. Lip gloss palettes and kits are usually a miss for me because they're not as well pigmented. These are quite good from what I can tell on the handful I've tried.

The eye shadows are wonderful! I've only swatched a few, but of the ones I've tried, these go on pigmented with minimal fall out. As well, according to the Sephora MA they can be used wet as well. These are the same size eye shadows in the Femme Fatale and Femme Naturale palette. I can see a few dupes from my MAC eye shadows, but when this set runs at only $68 CAD, I see this as the hands down winner.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! I like the bejeweled case. I haven't spotted this at Sephora since the last time I looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They only had 6 at the one I go to. They might be getting more in, but I'd put my name down if you really want it.

    ReplyDelete