Saturday, October 31, 2009

Seche Vite at London Drugs


While perusing the aisles at London Drugs for epsom salts, I went down the beauty aisle and to my surprise I found Seche Vite Clear Base Coat, Seche Vite Ridge Filling Base Coat and Seche Vite Restore for $4.99 each CAD! I hauled. I had to. I've heard too many good things about Seche Vite, it would be too hard to pass it up. But truly, I was in need of more base coat, so that was a well deserved purchase. I also have many bottles of nail polish that are still beautiful, but are almost ready to toss. I'm hoping that Restore will save them.

I also got Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Even though it wasn't $4.99 CAD, it was $9.95 CAD I'm still happy to give it a shot. So far over top of Absinthe Makes The Heart from Sephora by OPI, it adds a beautiful gleam. I'll see how it fares while working this week. I usually end up moving loads of boxes around and putting together furniture, so it can be a bit rough on my nails.

I couldn't resist Sally Hansen though. It's great stuff that's well priced. I got Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Rockstar Pink ($2.49 CAD). It's a gorgeous glittery nail polish that has a clear base with loads of fuchsia pink, blue and gold glitter. (Sorry, no nail swatches yet since I just did them in Worth My Weight!) Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Plus Clear and Liberated Lilac duo was on special for $2.49 CAD, so I had to get that too. Liberated Lilac is a frosty light lilac. It reminds me of NYX Lilac Pearl loose pigment. It's more of a spring or summer shade then fall/winter. It will get some love too once the season is right. :)

Pure by Carlo di Roma Cosmetics was also on sale. They had a buy 1 get 1 free event. I hadn't tried much of the line out yet, just a black lipgloss that was limited edition. I got Iridescent Purple #24 lip gloss and Red Whim #66. They are regularily $12.00 CAD each, however with the BOGO, it was only $6 CAD each.

In the tube they look gorgeous, swatched less so. Iridescent Purple ended up a lot sheerer than in the tube. On lips, it just gave a hint of colour with a few iridescent bits of glitter. Red Whim was not disappointing. It reminds me of a MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Amorous. Red Whim is more orange than Amorous. It can be applied sheerly with the doe-foot applicator, but it builds up to a gorgeous dark orangey-red. I'd use this over top of a lipstick, perhaps over Rimmel Icon 328 lipstick or MAC Dubonnett lipstick.

I promise more swatch pictures will come as well as a full comparison review of the lipglosses. Enjoy the pictures! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment