Tuesday, October 20, 2009

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil Swatches

NYX Cosmetics Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils are available in a variety of shades, from white to black, hot pink and purple. These apply creamy to your skin and don't tug as some pencils can. They dry down to almost matte, slightly frosty or frost appearance. (I say almost matte because there does seem to be a bit of a glossiness that doesn't diminish.) I think I would use these as eye shadow bases, or blended out on their own.

I picked up 8 of them on a recent spree at Cherry Culture. I got Milk, Cottage Cheese, Baby Blue, Purple, Lavener, Hot Pink, Black Bean and Strawberry Milk. Here's a quick rundown of each shade:
  • Cottage Cheese is ivory with a frost finish
  • Black Bean is pure black with matte finish
  • Milk is white with matte finish
  • Hot Pink is fuchsia pink with slight frost finish
  • Baby Blue is light blue with frost finish
  • Strawberry Milk is light pink with frost finish
  • Purple is a medium-cool purple with slight frost finish
  • Lavender is a light cool purple with slight frost finish
These are hypo-allergenic and cruelty free. I can't wait to use these in a look =)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Nice blog! I'm drooling over these NYX pencils! I've read so much about them, they seem fabulous. If only I could get my hands on them...sigh...thanks for the swatches :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marce,
    You should get some! When I order from Cherry Culture, the shipping isn't too expensive. They ship worldwide too. :) I usually order about $40-$50 at a time, then I get a ton of fun products!

    ReplyDelete