Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mail Time No. 3 Cherry Culture & NYX Makeup Haul

















Above: My rocking NYX haul. =)

A little while ago I placed an order on Cherry Culture for a whole bunch of NYX Cosmetics. They had a huge part of the line on sale and 20% off your purchase of $40USD or more. For a whopping $55.75USD, I got a total of 23 products. Wahoo! I love a great deal.

I like picking up items online for three reasons:
  • Great prices. The eyeshadow trios retail for about $10CAD, at the current exchange it would $10USD. Cherry Culture's regular price is $8USD, but can go on sale for $5.50USD. The jumbo eyeshadow pencils retail for about $5 CAD each, on Cherry Culture the regular price is $3.50USD each. Ebay is also a good place to check for NYX at great prices as well.
  • Variety. Specifically I haven't seen the 10 Color Eyeshadow Pallets anywhere in my area. It's just too bad because I love pallets!
  • No testing. Meaning others haven't opened up the package and tried out the last lipstick of the shade I want. Doesn't this always happen even though a tester is available?

Below: NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Eyeshadow. From left to right: Lilac Pearl, Yellow Gold Pearl, Nude Pearl, True Purple Pearl, Mink Pearl, Turquoise Pearl, Yellow Pearl, Grass Pearl and Purple Pearl.
















Below: Supermodel Runway Collection 10 Eyeshadow Palette















In my makeup addiction, I picked up Apollo (548) Round Lipstick, Chloe (521) Round Lipstick, Loose Pearl Eye shadows in Lilac Pearl, Yellow Gold Pearl, Nude Pearl, True Purple Pearl, Mink Pearl, Turquoise Pearl, Yellow Pearl, Grass Pearl and Purple Pearl; the Supermodel Runway Collection 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette; Dark Brown Long Eye Pencil; Cherry, Cool Blue, Hot Pink Eyeshadow Trio; Opal, Platinum Silver, Luster Eyeshadow Trio; and Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in Cottage Cheese, Black Bean, Milk, Lavender, Hot Pink, Strawberry Milk and Baby Blue.

I probably could have skipped the Cherry, Cool Blue, Hot Pink Eyeshadow Trio since I got the Supermodel Runway palette, but I figured it was worth picking up for the price. I will be following up with swatches of everything. At the moment, the weather's been nasty with rain and clouds. The pictures just wouldn't do the products justice! Do I have any NYX lovers out there? Any recommendations for what to get next time?

Below: Cherry, Cool Blue, Hot Pink Eyeshadow Trio and Opal, Platinum Silver, Luster Eyeshadow Trio.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment