Monday, October 26, 2009

MAC Holiday Mineralize Kits: Pinkazoppin! & Fun In The Sun Swatches

I'm so addicted to MAC Mineralize products. I've become a huge fan of the MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes and Mineralize Blushes. I know they can be glittery or just work soley as a highlighter, but the marbled gorgeousness that they are in the pan is what draws me in. I have only been collecting them in the last year, but so far I've accumulated 16 mineralize blushes and 14 mineralize skin finishes. Each category gets bumped up by 2 with the purchase of the MAC Holiday 2009 Mineralize Kits in Pinkazoppin! and Fun In The Sun.

MAC released these as exclusive sets to the free-standing stores and online. I picked up mine at a free-standing store for $71.50 CAD each.

Pinkazoppin! Mineralize Kit includes :
  • Love Connection Mineralized Eyeshadow Duo
  • Dainty Mineralized Blush
  • Light Flush Mineralized Skin Finish
  • 181 SE mini kabuki brush

Fun in The Sun Mineralize Kit:
  • Shimpagne Mineralized Skin Finish
  • Nuance Mineralized Blush
  • Play on Plums Mineralized Eyeshadow Duo
  • 181 SE mini kabuki brush

Pinkazoppin! is heavy on the pinks. Light Flush is a pale pink that reminds me of Porcelain Pink and Glissade MSF. I wouldn't consider it a glitter bomb but it does have a frostiness to it. Dainty Mineralize Blush is a pretty soft yellow pink shade with gold shimmer. I love this color and had picked it up earlier this year during the MAC Sumo Sale. Love Connection Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo includes a pinky gold shade and a pink shade. Both are frosty and have lots of glitter. Having said that, I may use these as highlighters instead of eye shadows.

Fun In The Sun is full of champagnes and golds. I wouldn't say it's a bronzer kit because Shimpagne Mineralize Skin Finish isn't a bronzer but more of a highlighter. It's very similar to Soft & Gentle MSF that is part of the permanent line. Nuance Mineralize Blush is included in Fun In The Sun isn't a bronzer either. But it is a pretty shade of peach that goes on smoothly and with a slight shimmer. Play on Plums Mineralize Eye Shadow Duo includes a peachy pink shade that is similar to Nuance and a darker plummy purple shade. Both shades are frosty, but not glittery.

Both kits include the MAC 181SE brush. It's a mini kabuki brush that I find handy to apply powder, foundation and blush. I prefer these to the 182 kabuki brush because it allows for a more focused application of product. In other words, if I were to apply blush, it allows for greater control of where it goes. I find with the 182 that it is sometimes too big to use around the nose and close to the eyes. The 181SE is smaller and readily gets into smaller areas.

In terms of value, the MSF's are $32.50CAD each, Mineralize Eye Shadow Duos are $23.50 each and Mineralize Blushes are $25.00 CAD each. Making a grand total of $81.00 CAD, not including the brush. That's a savings of $9.50 ^o^

The MAC Holiday Mineralize Kits are great sets if you love mineralize products. All pictures are done with natural lighting, macro mode and auto-white balance. Swatches are done on NC40 skin tone. Pictures are clickable for a larger image. Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. ive ordered online the fun in the sun mineralize kit and im so excited. These 3 products got really a good review on it. Like you i like to collect msf's but i dont own a lot though. Great buy you got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are so gorgeous! I like the Pinkzapoppin kit, it's got colours I love. Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get the Fun in the Sun kit! Hope its not too expensive when this collection reaches the UK though. Thank you for the fab review and swatches!! xx Livia

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just an update of my order that i made from MAC site since i got my package already. I love it!( youre absolutely right that im gonna love it) I've been using Shimpagne everyday( a very nice highlight indeed!) and the Nuance mineralize blush. I havent tried the eyeshadow yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad u like it 2nigirl! Try the eye shadows wet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you have a lot of msfs!! i'm yet to try one. haha... i'm thinking of getting the fun in the sun, when i came across your blog for swatch. thanks for this post!! it costs AUD$170.00 ... here in Australia

    -dana
    @ http://blushfully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dana! Thanks for stopping by :) Wow, $170 AUD!! That's about $165CAD... It always shocks me when I compare MAC prices around the world.

    ReplyDelete