Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chanel Venice Murano Quad Swatch & Review














Sigh, Chanel! I was hurt so dearly by the Les Folies. It needs a lot of work that doesn't appeal to me. But Murano is truly divine and the polar opposite of Les Folies! I picked up the Murano quad from the Venice collection at the same time as Les Folies at my local Chanel counter.

It has four shadows. A light seafoam green with silver frost, medium seafoam green with silver frost, a deep blue green with silver frost and a light dusty rose shade with silver frost. Each shade is well pigmented, however they do require a base. Applied dry, they remind me of a MAC Lustre eyeshadow with serious fall out issues. They do wear well though. I wore them for a good 12 hours and didn't experience fading.













I swatched the quad dry, over Gosh Waterproof Eyeshadow and MAC Painterly Paint Pot. I have also worn this on several occasions with MAC Painterly Paint Pot, Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance. Overall, my preference would be for a neutral base that is low pigmented, such as Urban Decay Primer Potion, Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance or Gosh Waterproof Eyeshadow in Love That Beige. Over Painterly, I found the color tended to fade.













Overall, I really like this quad. The shadows were soft and smooth, well pigmented and wore well. They do need a base though, dry there are fall out issues. I do find it has similarities to the MAC Photorealism Quad that I had picked up prior to getting the Murano quad. The Murano quad tends to lean a bit more blue and thus cool. The Photorealism quad tends to lean more neutral and a bit warm. I do wear both though, just depending on what I want to wear for my lips. I do find that the only shadow that isn't very unique is the deep blue green shadow. I think it looks almost exactly the same as MAC Deep Blue Green pigment and MAC Grey Range (Photorealism Quad). My only caveat with this quad is that the lighter shades are a bit too frosty for my liking to use as a highlighter. In any case, this quad suited my little bit of luxe for the month and was not a regrettable purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment